Corporate Social Responsibility Program
Farmashop — the largest pharmacy chain in Uruguay — initiated an ambitious Corporate Social Responsibility (“CSR”) program following Linzor’s entry into the company. The CSR program is composed of the following areas:
Quality of Work Environment
- Policies designed to provide employees with a friendly, respectful work environment in which harassment and discrimination are strictly forbidden and condemned.
- Farmashop has mechanisms in place for affected employees to report abuse anonymously. The company is committed to investigating all incidents and taking appropriate action based on the results.
- Farmashop regularly contributes to non-profit organizations selected by the employees through a company-wide voting process.
- Recent beneficiaries include: UNICEF Uruguay, Peluffo Guigens Foundation (dedicated to helping children with cancer), Teleton (televised charity drive benefitting children and teens with disabilities), and a diverse group of smaller community, sport, and charity associations.
- Farmashop donates all its paper and cardboard waste to Repapel, a foundation dedicated to educating children on sustainable development. Recycled paper goods are produced from the donated material, which help Repapel finance its activities.
- The company’s home delivery service is powered by electric bicycles, which help reduce fuel consumption and carbon emissions.
Employee Benefits and Programs
- Benefits include employee discounts, holiday gifts and events, tuition reimbursement for pharmacy courses, and discounts at affiliated retailers and service providers.
- All employees receive training, both in-person and online, on a variety of topics, including pharmacy, cosmetics, fragrance and personal care; as well as on the company’s values, customer service and human development.
- In 2017, Farmashop received the CREAR Award for Best Practices in Human Management and the Deloitte Special Mention for Best Practices in HR Management in recognition of the company’s innovative employee training program under a blended learning format. Additional details available at the website of Premios CREAR
- Farmashop is committed to creating work opportunities for people in demographic segments that may not necessarily meet the traditional selection criteria, but nonetheless carry exceptional potential.
- As part of this commitment, the company has launched recruiting programs targeting: (i) women seeking to reenter the work force after a period of absence, and (ii) young people seeking their first job.